Today Symfony 2.6 is officialy released. This release is packed with nifty features and enhancements introduced by the DX initiative.
Here’s a list of features that I’m personally exited about:
- New VarDumper Component and DebugBundle
- Twitter Bootstrap form theme is include in the symfony core
- Error page previews
- Split of the SecurityContext
- New shortcut methods available in controllers
- AJAX requests are live traceble in the symfony profiler toolbar
For a full list of new features check out fabpot’s blog post
During the development of symfony 2.6 they also introduced a new symfony installer. This tool will make it even easier for beginners to setup a working symfony installation.